Need a Homeowners Insurance comparison in Davenport FL?
Homeowners insurance in Davenport FL is just a click or call away.
If you’re like most homeowners in Davenport FL, your home is your most valuable asset, and should be protected as such. What will happen if your home is damaged or destroyed due to a hurricane or fire? You need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands the importance of the place you call home. Homeowners insurance in Davenport FL is very affordable and easy to obtain.
Discovery Insurance Agency can help you find the best & lowest cost home insurance in Davenport Florida that will best meet your needs and provide the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service and competitive pricing. We have local knowledgeable agents ready to assist you.
Regardless of whether you live in Davenport or any other part of Florida, home insurance is one of the most important insurance policies you could ever own. Don’t go it alone. There are so many companies out there all with different reputations. Let us help guide you to the Carrier that will best fit your needs. We have over 20 Home insurance providers and work with over 100 for home, auto, life, and business insurance.
Often times combining your home and auto insurance into a bundle can help you save extra $$$
Different insurance companies offer different levels of coverage, different endorsements and riders, and have different conditions and limitations. Our agents can simplify this process for you.
Davenport FL Homeowners Insurance
If you’re not using an independent agent ?? in Davenport Florida like us, it can be hard, if not impossible to tell the difference between two homeowners insurance policies. Homeowners insurance in Davenport FL can be confusing if you go it alone. Let one of our qualified agents help.
Whether you own or rent, insuring the place you call home can help protect you financially if you suffer a loss due to fire, theft, vandalism, or other covered events like a hurricane. It will also cover you in the event someone is injured while on your property and wins a legal judgment against you. This is called Personal Liability Coverage. We recommend a minimum of 300k of coverage.
Common Homeowners Insurance Coverages
These are some common coverages you typically see on a policy for Homeowners Insurance in Davenport FL
Dwelling — also called Coverage A
- This is the portion of your policy that covers the actual structure (main house). The cost to replace your home can fluctuate from time to time based on the cost of raw material and labor, and of course, supply and demand.
We’ll run a replacement cost analysis on your home to see how much it would actually cost if the worst happened and you had to rebuild your home from scratch. Its important to remember the land value is not included in this number.
Other Structures —
- This covers any structure on your property that is not permanently attached to your house, like fencing, driveways, sidewalks, and detached buildings like sheds and garages. Usually this coverage is 10% of whatever your Dwelling limit is, but can be increased if you need more coverage. So for example if your home is insured to 200k then you would have 20k of coverage.
Personal Property —
- Covers all of your personal belongings like clothing, furniture, electronics, and appliances. Basically anything that would fall out of your house if you turned it upside down and shook out the contents.
Loss of Use —
- Provides coverage for your living expenses if you need to live somewhere else temporarily because your primary home is uninhabitable due to a covered claim.
Medical Expense —
- This covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.
Family/Personal Liability —
- Personal Liability Coverage applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. The coverage generally applies anywhere in the world. When choosing your liability coverage limits, consider things like how much money you make and the assets you own. Your personal liability coverage should be high enough to protect your assets if you are sued. In some situations, an Umbrella policy may be necessary to provide extra coverage.
- We recommend no less than 300k for your Personal Liability Coverage. A standard home insurance policy comes with only 100k. The normal cost to increase the coverage to 300k is only around $25 for the whole entire year.
Scheduled Personal Property —
- there are some situations where you might want special coverage for valuables, or collectibles like jewelry, guns, collectibles, rugs, etc.. This is where “scheduling” your coverage would be beneficial. A standard home insurance policy only provides $1k for the theft of jewelry. If you schedule the item it will be covered more accurately.
How to get started with your homeowners insurance quote in Davenport FL
Every home is unique, and therefore requires a carefully crafted policy.
If you’d like us to review your current policy and provide you with some home insurance quotes you can call our office or enter some basic information in the fields below to get started online. Either way, we make the process super simple!